Tuesday, April 8, 2014

Writing


I haven't written in a while. Not a story, not a blog post, not even a letter. In my head, I think, it's ok...focus on school. You'll write later. But after a while, I just miss it. I miss how the keys feel beneath my fingers, the soft words written in blue ink. I miss the stillness and the quiet hum of my working brain.

So here I am.

Hello.

how are you?

The best part of being a writer is constantly feeling like a story is unfolding. Sometimes I'll hear a snippet of a conversation, and suddenly  a narrative is taking shape in the centerfolds of my mind. It's funny how the subconscious does that, no?

Recently, however, the stories in my head have dried up like a well. Is it the stress of a double major at school? Maybe. But there is no excuse for my lack of writing. Books don't write themselves. Anyway, I've decided that since I can't seem to get any fiction down on paper, I should start by writing about my own life. So here it goes:

 My Life Right Now, In a Nutshell

  • I am a double major in Elementary and Special Education at University. I'm inspired every day to be a warm, empathetic person (because those kinds of people make the best teachers). 
  • I do lots of homework
  • I haven't gone to the gym in 2 months (Oh my!)
  • I've started the Outlander series-- which makes doing homework very hard. 
Is that it? 
No, I'm sure there must be more.
Well, back to the grind-- I have a math exam tomorrow

Love and Blessings,
Loni

No comments:

Post a Comment